Inside a Meth Lab

Friday, December 17, 2010

Doctor Who (Post '04)

Doctor Who is undoubtedly the best TV show available to you at the moment. 
You could disagree, but then you would be wrong. Simple.
I just finished watching season four with David Tennant as The Doctor (and will forever be the best Doctor) and God blimey, I am literally lost for words.
The impossible brilliance of the writers ability to tie every episode from the first to the last in a season, dropping hints for the final climax that the viewers don’t even realise are gigantic tip offs until the final episode. Wow. The best moment on TV so far, beside the last episode of FRIENDS, is when it is revealed who The Face of Boe is. My jaw literally dropped, then I similtaneously cupped my mouth with both hands and gasped for air.
The elements of comedy, action, plot-layering… even the visual aspects (how DOES the Tardis appear like that?!) combine to make this the equal best show ever produced to date. And how the writers/actors bring to life such an abstract and seemingly impossible theory and make it so accessible is genius. David Tennant will forever be remembered as The 10th Doctor and not actually the person David Tennant. If I was to met him, I would first ask for a hug, then I would ask to see his Sonic Screwdriver. Then I would ask him to upgrade my laptop's RAM with it.
Even though it is only a TV show, I did gaze up at the night sky as I was driving on my way home with the strange feeling, and hope, that I might just see a blue English police-box, spinning about, across the sky. No such luck however.
If you have not seen this show, or have become a stranger from it’s earlier episodes from the 1960′s to the late 1980′s, you must start watching again. It’s quite impossible to imagine that any earlier episodes contrast in any way to the current era of David Tennant. He will be terribly missed when he leaves, making way for the 11th Doctor. Matt Smith (the 11th Doctor) is going to have some mighty big shoes to fill.
The only reason you could hate this show and not be getting hooked is if you a) enjoy living an amish lifestyle (which begs the question, why are you reading this blog?), b) you hate everything good and enjoyable in life and probably enjoy watching Seinfeld, or c) are being paid $10 an hour not to watch this magnificent show (which is probably the result of a drunk, rich boy’s truth-or-dare game gone oreye), in which case I say DEMAND MORE MONEY!
I think you get the picture of just how brilliant and mind-boggling this show really is. I could not stress that you should be watching it instead of reading this pointless blog anymore!
Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment